This year has been rough on most of us – jobs lost, living on unemployment, trying to make ends meet. But the beauty of this year is that you can’t possibly question what you have to be thankful for. This recession has taught us to go back to the simpler things in life. So, here is what I’m thankful for:
1. I have more food in my fridge and 2 freezers than I know what to do with.
2. My pantry is full.
3. My car runs and is safe for me to use. On top of that, I love that car.
4. I have the love of the most wonderful man I’ve ever known.
5. I have lots of books to read.
6. I can see beautifully since my eye surgery.
7. I am thankful that I have all of my limbs and they all work.
8. I have a warm bed to sleep in at night.
9. I live in a country with the greatest volunteer armed services in the world.
10. I have a place to come home to.
11. I am pretty darn happy with my life.
Yes, I am thankful for the simple lessons that the recession is teaching me. Instead of thinking about what I don’t have, I am able to focus on what I do have. And I have an abundance of love, friends, hope, happiness, and yes, even things.
What are you thankful for this year?